Sunday, April 22, 2012

Psalms 6, 8, 10, 14, 16, 19, 21

Psalm 6:1-10 (NASB)
1 O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger, Nor chasten me in Your wrath.
2 Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am pining away; Heal me, O Lord, for my bones are dismayed.
3 And my soul is greatly dismayed; But You, O Lord—how long?
4 Return, O Lord, rescue my soul; Save me because of Your lovingkindness.
5 For there is no mention of You in death; In Sheol who will give You thanks?
6 I am weary with my sighing; Every night I make my bed swim, I dissolve my couch with my tears.
7 My eye has wasted away with grief; It has become old because of all my adversaries.
8 Depart from me, all you who do iniquity, For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The Lord has heard my supplication, The Lord receives my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and greatly dismayed; They shall turn back, they will suddenly be ashamed.

Psalm 8:1-9 (NASB)
1 O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the earth, Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!
2 From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength Because of Your adversaries, To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.
3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
4 What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him?
5 Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty!
6 You make him to rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
7 All sheep and oxen, And also the beasts of the field,
8 The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea, Whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the earth!

Psalm 10:1-18 (NASB)
1 Why do You stand afar off, O Lord? Why do You hide Yourself in times of trouble?
2 In pride the wicked hotly pursue the afflicted; Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
3 For the wicked boasts of his heart's desire, And the greedy man curses and spurns the Lord.
4 The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him. All his thoughts are, "There is no God."
5 His ways prosper at all times; Your judgments are on high, out of his sight; As for all his adversaries, he snorts at them.
6 He says to himself, "I will not be moved; Throughout all generations I will not be in adversity."
7 His mouth is full of curses and deceit and oppression; Under his tongue is mischief and wickedness.
8 He sits in the lurking places of the villages; In the hiding places he kills the innocent; His eyes stealthily watch for the unfortunate.
9 He lurks in a hiding place as a lion in his lair; He lurks to catch the afflicted; He catches the afflicted when he draws him into his net.
10 He crouches, he bows down, And the unfortunate fall by his mighty ones.
11 He says to himself, "God has forgotten; He has hidden His face; He will never see it."
12 Arise, O Lord; O God, lift up Your hand. Do not forget the afflicted.
13 Why has the wicked spurned God? He has said to himself, "You will not require it."
14 You have seen it, for You have beheld mischief and vexation to take it into Your hand. The unfortunate commits himself to You; You have been the helper of the orphan.
15 Break the arm of the wicked and the evildoer, Seek out his wickedness until You find none.
16 The Lord is King forever and ever; Nations have perished from His land.
17 O Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear
18 To vindicate the orphan and the oppressed, So that man who is of the earth will no longer cause terror.

Psalm 14:1-7 (NASB)
1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good.
2 The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there are any who understand, Who seek after God.
3 They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt; There is no one who does good, not even one.
4 Do all the workers of wickedness not know, Who eat up my people as they eat bread, And do not call upon the Lord?
5 There they are in great dread, For God is with the righteous generation.
6 You would put to shame the counsel of the afflicted, But the Lord is his refuge.
7 Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When the Lord restores His captive people, Jacob will rejoice, Israel will be glad.

Psalm 16:1-11 (NASB)
1 Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You.
2 I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You."
3 As for the saints who are in the earth, They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.
4 The sorrows of those who have bartered for another god will be multiplied; I shall not pour out their drink offerings of blood, Nor will I take their names upon my lips.
5 The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot.
6 The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
7 I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
8 I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely.
10 For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
11 You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Psalm 19:1-14 (NASB)
1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
2 Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their utterances to the end of the world. In them He has placed a tent for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber; It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.
6 Its rising is from one end of the heavens, And its circuit to the other end of them; And there is nothing hidden from its heat.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true; they are righteous altogether.
10 They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb.
11 Moreover, by them Your servant is warned; In keeping them there is great reward.
12 Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults.
13 Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be blameless, And I shall be acquitted of great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 21:1-13 (NASB)
1 O Lord, in Your strength the king will be glad, And in Your salvation how greatly he will rejoice!
2 You have given him his heart's desire, And You have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah.
3 For You meet him with the blessings of good things; You set a crown of fine gold on his head.
4 He asked life of You, You gave it to him, Length of days forever and ever.
5 His glory is great through Your salvation, Splendor and majesty You place upon him.
6 For You make him most blessed forever; You make him joyful with gladness in Your presence.
7 For the king trusts in the Lord, And through the lovingkindness of the Most High he will not be shaken.
8 Your hand will find out all your enemies; Your right hand will find out those who hate you.
9 You will make them as a fiery oven in the time of your anger; The Lord will swallow them up in His wrath, And fire will devour them.
10 Their offspring You will destroy from the earth, And their descendants from among the sons of men.
11 Though they intended evil against You And devised a plot, They will not succeed.
12 For You will make them turn their back; You will aim with Your bowstrings at their faces.
13 Be exalted, O Lord, in Your strength; We will sing and praise Your power.

No comments:

Post a Comment