Wednesday, April 11, 2012

YouVersion - Day 100 of your Historical Bible plan

YouVersion

Historical

Day 100 of 365

2 Samuel 22 ASV

1 And David spake unto Jehovah the words of this song in the day that Jehovah delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul: 2 and he said, Jehovah is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, even mine; 3 God, my rock, in him will I take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge; My saviour, thou savest me from violence. 4 I will call upon Jehovah, who is worthy to be praised: So shall I be saved from mine enemies. 5 For the waves of death compassed me; The floods of ungodliness made me afraid: 6 The cords of Sheol were round about me; The snares of death came upon me. 7 In my distress I called upon Jehovah; Yea, I called unto my God: And he heard my voice out of his temple, And my cry came into his ears. 8 Then the earth shook and trembled, The foundations of heaven quaked And were shaken, because he was wroth. 9 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, And fire out of his mouth devoured: Coals were kindled by it. 10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; And thick darkness was under his feet. 11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly; Yea, he was seen upon the wings of the wind. 12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, Gathering of waters, thick clouds of the skies.
This chapter has 51 verses

2 Samuel 23 ASV

1 Now these are the last words of David. David the son of Jesse saith, And the man who was raised on high saith, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet psalmist of Israel: 2 The Spirit of Jehovah spake by me, And his word was upon my tongue. 3 The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spake to me: One that ruleth over men righteously, That ruleth in the fear of God, 4 He shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, A morning without clouds, When the tender grass springeth out of the earth, Through clear shining after rain. 5 Verily my house is not so with God; Yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, Ordered in all things, and sure: For it is all my salvation, and all my desire, Although he maketh it not to grow. 6 But the ungodly shall be all of them as thorns to be thrust away, Because they cannot be taken with the hand; 7 But the man that toucheth them Must be armed with iron and the staff of a spear: And they shall be utterly burned with fire in their place. 8 These are the names of the mighty men whom David had: Josheb-basshebeth a Tahchemonite, chief of the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite, against eight hundred slain at one time.
This chapter has 39 verses

2 Samuel 24 ASV

1 And again the anger of Jehovah was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them, saying, Go, number Israel and Judah. 2 And the king said to Joab the captain of the host, who was with him, Go now to and fro through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the sum of the people. 3 And Joab said unto the king, Now Jehovah thy God add unto the people, how many soever they may be, a hundredfold; and may the eyes of my lord the king see it: but why doth my lord the king delight in this thing? 4 Notwithstanding, the king's word prevailed against Joab, and against the captains of the host. And Joab and the captains of the host went out from the presence of the king, to number the people of Israel. 5 And they passed over the Jordan, and encamped in Aroer, on the right side of the city that is in the middle of the valley of Gad, and unto Jazer: 6 then they came to Gilead, and to the land of Tahtim-hodshi; and they came to Dan-jaan, and round about to Sidon, 7 and came to the stronghold of Tyre, and to all the cities of the Hivites, and of the Canaanites; and they went out to the south of Judah, at Beer-sheba. 8 So when they had gone to and fro through all the land, they came to Jerusalem at the end of nine months and twenty days.
This chapter has 25 verses

This plan was provided by...

This reading plan is provided by Blue Letter Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment