Saturday, April 28, 2012

Psalms 81, 88, 92 & 93

Psalm 81:1-16 (NASB)
1 Sing for joy to God our strength; Shout joyfully to the God of Jacob.
2 Raise a song, strike the timbrel, The sweet sounding lyre with the harp.
3 Blow the trumpet at the new moon, At the full moon, on our feast day.
4 For it is a statute for Israel, An ordinance of the God of Jacob.
5 He established it for a testimony in Joseph When he went throughout the land of Egypt. I heard a language that I did not know:
6 "I relieved his shoulder of the burden, His hands were freed from the basket.
7 "You called in trouble and I rescued you; I answered you in the hiding place of thunder; I proved you at the waters of Meribah. Selah.
8 "Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you would listen to Me!
9 "Let there be no strange god among you; Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
10 "I, the Lord, am your God, Who brought you up from the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.
11 "But My people did not listen to My voice, And Israel did not obey Me.
12 "So I gave them over to the stubbornness of their heart, To walk in their own devices.
13 "Oh that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!
14 "I would quickly subdue their enemies And turn My hand against their adversaries.
15 "Those who hate the Lord would pretend obedience to Him, And their time of punishment would be forever.
16 "But I would feed you with the finest of the wheat, And with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."

Psalm 88:1-18 (NASB)
1 O Lord, the God of my salvation, I have cried out by day and in the night before You.
2 Let my prayer come before You; Incline Your ear to my cry!
3 For my soul has had enough troubles, And my life has drawn near to Sheol.
4 I am reckoned among those who go down to the pit; I have become like a man without strength,
5 Forsaken among the dead, Like the slain who lie in the grave, Whom You remember no more, And they are cut off from Your hand.
6 You have put me in the lowest pit, In dark places, in the depths.
7 Your wrath has rested upon me, And You have afflicted me with all Your waves. Selah.
8 You have removed my acquaintances far from me; You have made me an object of loathing to them; I am shut up and cannot go out.
9 My eye has wasted away because of affliction; I have called upon You every day, O Lord; I have spread out my hands to You.
10 Will You perform wonders for the dead? Will the departed spirits rise and praise You? Selah.
11 Will Your lovingkindness be declared in the grave, Your faithfulness in Abaddon?
12 Will Your wonders be made known in the darkness? And Your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
13 But I, O Lord, have cried out to You for help, And in the morning my prayer comes before You.
14 O Lord, why do You reject my soul? Why do You hide Your face from me?
15 I was afflicted and about to die from my youth on; I suffer Your terrors; I am overcome.
16 Your burning anger has passed over me; Your terrors have destroyed me.
17 They have surrounded me like water all day long; They have encompassed me altogether.
18 You have removed lover and friend far from me; My acquaintances are in darkness.

Psalm 92:1-15 (NASB)
1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning And Your faithfulness by night,
3 With the ten-stringed lute and with the harp, With resounding music upon the lyre.
4 For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.
5 How great are Your works, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep.
6 A senseless man has no knowledge, Nor does a stupid man understand this:
7 That when the wicked sprouted up like grass And all who did iniquity flourished, It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.
8 But You, O Lord, are on high forever.
9 For, behold, Your enemies, O Lord, For, behold, Your enemies will perish; All who do iniquity will be scattered.
10 But You have exalted my horn like that of the wild ox; I have been anointed with fresh oil.
11 And my eye has looked exultantly upon my foes, My ears hear of the evildoers who rise up against me.
12 The righteous man will flourish like the palm tree, He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Planted in the house of the Lord, They will flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They will still yield fruit in old age; They shall be full of sap and very green,
15 To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Psalm 93:1-5 (NASB)
1 The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty; The Lord has clothed and girded Himself with strength; Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved.
2 Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.
3 The floods have lifted up, O Lord, The floods have lifted up their voice, The floods lift up their pounding waves.
4 More than the sounds of many waters, Than the mighty breakers of the sea, The Lord on high is mighty.
5 Your testimonies are fully confirmed; Holiness befits Your house, O Lord, forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment