Monday, August 6, 2012

YouVersion - Day 217 of your Historical Bible plan

YouVersion

Historical

Day 217 of 365

Proverbs 30 ASV

1 The words of Agur the son of Jakeh; The oracle. The man saith unto Ithiel, unto Ithiel and Ucal: 2 Surely I am more brutish than any man, And have not the understanding of a man; 3 And I have not learned wisdom, Neither have I the knowledge of the Holy One. 4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, and descended? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who hath bound the waters in his garment? Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou knowest? 5 Every word of God is tried: He is a shield unto them that take refuge in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, Lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. 7 Two things have I asked of thee; Deny me them not before I die: 8 Remove far from me falsehood and lies; Give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is needful for me: 9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is Jehovah? Or lest I be poor, and steal, And use profanely the name of my God. 10 Slander not a servant unto his master, Lest he curse thee, and thou be held guilty. 11 There is a generation that curse their father, And bless not their mother. 12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, And yet are not washed from their filthiness.
This chapter has 33 verses

Proverbs 31 ASV

1 The words of king Lemuel; the oracle which his mother taught him. 2 What, my son? and what, O son of my womb? And what, O son of my vows? 3 Give not thy strength unto women, Nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings. 4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; Nor for princes to say, Where is strong drink? 5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, And pervert the justice due to any that is afflicted. 6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, And wine unto the bitter in soul: 7 Let him drink, and forget his poverty, And remember his misery no more. 8 Open thy mouth for the dumb, In the cause of all such as are left desolate. 9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, And minister justice to the poor and needy. 10 A worthy woman who can find? For her price is far above rubies. 11 The heart of her husband trusteth in her, And he shall have no lack of gain. 12 She doeth him good and not evil All the days of her life. 13 She seeketh wool and flax, And worketh willingly with her hands. 14 She is like the merchant-ships; She bringeth her bread from afar. 15 She riseth also while it is yet night, And giveth food to her household, And their task to her maidens.
This chapter has 31 verses

This plan was provided by...

This reading plan is provided by Blue Letter Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment