Wednesday, August 22, 2012

YouVersion - Day 233 of your Historical Bible plan

YouVersion

Historical

Day 233 of 365

Lamentations 3 ASV

1 I am the man that hath seen affliction by the rod of his wrath. 2 He hath led me and caused me to walk in darkness, and not in light. 3 Surely against me he turneth his hand again and again all the day. 4 My flesh and my skin hath he made old; he hath broken my bones. 5 He hath builded against me, and compassed me with gall and travail. 6 He hath made me to dwell in dark places, as those that have been long dead. 7 He hath walled me about, that I cannot go forth; he hath made my chain heavy. 8 Yea, when I cry, and call for help, he shutteth out my prayer. 9 He hath walled up my ways with hewn stone; he hath made my paths crooked. 10 He is unto me as a bear lying in wait, as a lion in secret places. 11 He hath turned aside my ways, and pulled me in pieces; he hath made me desolate. 12 He hath bent his bow, and set me as a mark for the arrow. 13 He hath caused the shafts of his quiver to enter into my reins. 14 I am become a derision to all my people, and their song all the day. 15 He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath sated me with wormwood. 16 He hath also broken my teeth with gravel stones; he hath covered me with ashes. 17 And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace; I forgat prosperity.
This chapter has 66 verses

Lamentations 4 ASV

1 How is the gold become dim! how is the most pure gold changed! The stones of the sanctuary are poured out at the head of every street. 2 The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, How are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter! 3 Even the jackals draw out the breast, they give suck to their young ones: The daughter of my people is become cruel, like the ostriches in the wilderness. 4 The tongue of the sucking child cleaveth to the roof of his mouth for thirst: The young children ask bread, and no man breaketh it unto them. 5 They that did feed delicately are desolate in the streets: They that were brought up in scarlet embrace dunghills. 6 For the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the sin of Sodom, That was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands were laid upon her. 7 Her nobles were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk; They were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was as of sapphire. 8 Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: Their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick. 9 They that are slain with the sword are better than they that are slain with hunger; For these pine away, stricken through, for want of the fruits of the field.
This chapter has 22 verses

Lamentations 5 ASV

1 Remember, O Jehovah, what is come upon us: Behold, and see our reproach. 2 Our inheritance is turned unto strangers, Our houses unto aliens. 3 We are orphans and fatherless; Our mothers are as widows. 4 We have drunken our water for money; Our wood is sold unto us. 5 Our pursuers are upon our necks: We are weary, and have no rest. 6 We have given the hand to the Egyptians, And to the Assyrians, to be satisfied with bread. 7 Our fathers sinned, and are not; And we have borne their iniquities. 8 Servants rule over us: There is none to deliver us out of their hand. 9 We get our bread at the peril of our lives, Because of the sword of the wilderness. 10 Our skin is black like an oven, Because of the burning heat of famine. 11 They ravished the women in Zion, The virgins in the cities of Judah. 12 Princes were hanged up by their hand: The faces of elders were not honored. 13 The young men bare the mill; And the children stumbled under the wood. 14 The elders have ceased from the gate, The young men from their music. 15 The joy of our heart is ceased; Our dance is turned into mourning. 16 The crown is fallen from our head: Woe unto us! for we have sinned. 17 For this our heart is faint; For these things our eyes are dim;
This chapter has 22 verses

This plan was provided by...

This reading plan is provided by Blue Letter Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment