Monday, August 13, 2012

YouVersion - Day 224 of your Historical Bible plan

YouVersion

Historical

Day 224 of 365

Job 21 ASV

1 Then Job answered and said, 2 Hear diligently my speech; And let this be your consolations. 3 Suffer me, and I also will speak; And after that I have spoken, mock on. 4 As for me, is my complaint to man? And why should I not be impatient? 5 Mark me, and be astonished, And lay your hand upon your mouth. 6 Even when I remember I am troubled, And horror taketh hold on my flesh. 7 Wherefore do the wicked live, Become old, yea, wax mighty in power? 8 Their seed is established with them in their sight, And their offspring before their eyes. 9 Their houses are safe from fear, Neither is the rod of God upon them. 10 Their bull gendereth, and faileth not; Their cow calveth, and casteth not her calf. 11 They send forth their little ones like a flock, And their children dance. 12 They sing to the timbrel and harp, And rejoice at the sound of the pipe. 13 They spend their days in prosperity, And in a moment they go down to Sheol. 14 And they say unto God, Depart from us; For we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. 15 What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? And what profit should we have, if we pray unto him? 16 Lo, their prosperity is not in their hand: The counsel of the wicked is far from me.
This chapter has 34 verses

Job 22 ASV

1 Then answered Eliphaz the Temanite, and said, 2 Can a man be profitable unto God? Surely he that is wise is profitable unto himself. 3 Is it any pleasure to the Almighty, that thou art righteous? Or is it gain to him, that thou makest thy ways perfect? 4 Is it for thy fear of him that he reproveth thee, That he entereth with thee into judgment? 5 Is not thy wickedness great? Neither is there any end to thine iniquities. 6 For thou hast taken pledges of thy brother for nought, And stripped the naked of their clothing. 7 Thou hast not given water to the weary to drink, And thou hast withholden bread from the hungry. 8 But as for the mighty man, he had the earth; And the honorable man, he dwelt in it. 9 Thou hast sent widows away empty, And the arms of the fatherless have been broken. 10 Therefore snares are round about thee, And sudden fear troubleth thee, 11 Or darkness, so that thou canst not see, And abundance of waters cover thee. 12 Is not God in the height of heaven? And behold the height of the stars, how high they are! 13 And thou sayest, What doth God know? Can he judge through the thick darkness? 14 Thick clouds are a covering to him, so that he seeth not; And he walketh on the vault of heaven.
This chapter has 30 verses

Job 23 ASV

1 Then Job answered and said, 2 Even to-day is my complaint rebellious: My stroke is heavier than my groaning. 3 Oh that I knew where I might find him! That I might come even to his seat! 4 I would set my cause in order before him, And fill my mouth with arguments. 5 I would know the words which he would answer me, And understand what he would say unto me. 6 Would he contend with me in the greatness of his power? Nay; but he would give heed unto me. 7 There the upright might reason with him; So should I be delivered for ever from my judge. 8 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; And backward, but I cannot perceive him; 9 On the left hand, when he doth work, but I cannot behold him; He hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him. 10 But he knoweth the way that I take; When he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. 11 My foot hath held fast to his steps; His way have I kept, and turned not aside. 12 I have not gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have treasured up the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. 13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? And what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. 14 For he performeth that which is appointed for me: And many such things are with him.
This chapter has 17 verses

This plan was provided by...

This reading plan is provided by Blue Letter Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment