Thursday, August 16, 2012

YouVersion - Day 227 of your Historical Bible plan

YouVersion

Historical

Day 227 of 365

Job 32 ASV

1 So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. 2 Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God. 3 Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job. 4 Now Elihu had waited to speak unto Job, because they were elder than he. 5 And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, his wrath was kindled. 6 And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; Wherefore I held back, and durst not show you mine opinion. 7 I said, Days should speak, And multitude of years should teach wisdom. 8 But there is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty giveth them understanding. 9 It is not the great that are wise, Nor the aged that understand justice. 10 Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will show mine opinion. 11 Behold, I waited for your words, I listened for your reasonings, Whilst ye searched out what to say. 12 Yea, I attended unto you, And, behold, there was none that convinced Job, Or that answered his words, among you.
This chapter has 22 verses

Job 33 ASV

1 Howbeit, Job, I pray thee, hear my speech, And hearken to all my words. 2 Behold now, I have opened my mouth; My tongue hath spoken in my mouth. 3 My words shall utter the uprightness of my heart; And that which my lips know they shall speak sincerely. 4 The Spirit of God hath made me, And the breath of the Almighty giveth me life. 5 If thou canst, answer thou me; Set thy words in order before me, stand forth. 6 Behold, I am toward God even as thou art: I also am formed out of the clay. 7 Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, Neither shall my pressure be heavy upon thee. 8 Surely thou hast spoken in my hearing, And I have heard the voice of thy words, saying, 9 I am clean, without transgression; I am innocent, neither is there iniquity in me: 10 Behold, he findeth occasions against me, He counteth me for his enemy: 11 He putteth my feet in the stocks, He marketh all my paths. 12 Behold, I will answer thee, in this thou art not just; For God is greater than man. 13 Why dost thou strive against him, For that he giveth not account of any of his matters? 14 For God speaketh once, Yea twice, though man regardeth it not. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falleth upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;
This chapter has 33 verses

Job 34 ASV

1 Moreover Elihu answered and said, 2 Hear my words, ye wise men; And give ear unto me, ye that have knowledge. 3 For the ear trieth words, As the palate tasteth food. 4 Let us choose for us that which is right: Let us know among ourselves what is good. 5 For Job hath said, I am righteous, And God hath taken away my right: 6 Notwithstanding my right I am accounted a liar; My wound is incurable, though I am without transgression. 7 What man is like Job, Who drinketh up scoffing like water, 8 Who goeth in company with the workers of iniquity, And walketh with wicked men? 9 For he hath said, It profiteth a man nothing That he should delight himself with God. 10 Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: Far be it from God, that he should do wickedness, And from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity. 11 For the work of a man will he render unto him, And cause every man to find according to his ways. 12 Yea, of a surety, God will not do wickedly, Neither will the Almighty pervert justice. 13 Who gave him a charge over the earth? Or who hath disposed the whole world? 14 If he set his heart upon himself, If he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; 15 All flesh shall perish together, And man shall turn again unto dust.
This chapter has 37 verses

This plan was provided by...

This reading plan is provided by Blue Letter Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment